Expanding Networks. Increasing Knowledge. Advancing Public Health.
Call for Abstracts
August 29-30, 2007
Tom Harkin Global Communications Center
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
National Center for Health Marketing, Coordinating Center for Health Information and Service and Office of Enterprise Communication, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Deadline for submission is May 25, 2007
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is pleased to announce the first National Conference on Health Communication, Marketing and Media. This conference is intended for knowledgeable practitioners and academics working in health communication, marketing and media and will feature plenary and keynote speakers. This conference will provide a forum for collegial dialogue about research and practice within and across these disciplines. The conference is an excellent opportunity to meet with colleagues and shape the future of health communication and marketing practice.
- Provide an environment to present findings and recommendations from health marketing, communication, and media research.
- Offer participants an opportunity to network as well as promote information sharing and interdisciplinary collaboration within the health communication, marketing and media community
- Advance the fields of health marketing and health communication.
The conference planning committee invites abstract submissions that address specific issues, approaches, or strategies that contribute to the fields of health communication, marketing and media.
Most abstracts will be reviewed for poster presentations; however some may be selected for oral presentation. Selected abstracts will be published.
Abstract submissions should focus on, but are not limited to the following areas:
- The role of health communication and marketing in behavior change
- Translating research to practice
- Building partnerships
- Engaging special populations
- New frontiers
- Addressing health disparities
- Building distribution channels
- Disseminating evidence-based public health programs.
- Learning Objective(s)
- In total, the abstract text must contain no more than 500 words. No more than two (2) images, charts, or tables are allowed.
- For each presenter please provide: name, degrees, job title and mailing address, email address, phone number, fax number and organization.
- For all other authors you need only provide name and email address.
- Address one of the abstract topics or other topics related to health communication marketing and media
- Importance of research or practice question(s)
- Appropriateness of methods
- Contribution of finding to health marketing knowledge
To submit abstract, please go to http://www.blsweb.net/cdc/
For more information, please visit http://www.cdc.gov/healthmarketing/conference2007.htm.